Monday, January 10, 2011

Korey Boy!

Happy (belated) New Year!
Try as I might, I still have not become that avid blogger than I wish to become--but I'm getting there, I think. I have neglected my blog long enough, so here it goes!
Update on Korey Bear- he just went in for his four (and a half) month check-up and weighed in at 14.10lbs with an impressive length of 26.75 in:) He's lanky but still very healthy:) and he took his shots like a champ...my strong boy! He cried for a grueling ten seconds then smiled at the nurses who were "awe-ing" over his big brown eyes. He knew it too.
Sometimes I think Korey knows he's a cute little man baby. He'd rather stare at himself in the mirror than look at his mommy!;) Then again, it is about that time for self-recognition to start kicking in, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
As far as the flipping and turning over milestone goes, Korey accomplished it the VERY day we placed him in his crib for the first time! Talk about a gestures of gratitude! Since then, he fakes the funk and refuses to do it again--but we know he remembers how. In fact, he's doing a "half'-roll" right now! Oh, this boy...

Note to Korey: Sorry Korebear, I'm no longer going to be helping you as much...you have been pushed and rolled over far too many times. I know you've got it!

I am also back "on the radar" as far as attending baby playgroups here in Arizona! I went through a "I-just-feel-like-staying-home-with-Korey-or-going-to-Target" phase about two months ago. That got old quickly and I started to miss my mommy friends dearly. It feels good to hangout out with them again. Getting to know them and their little ones is a joy!...Hey, they also help my days go by faster while waiting for daddy to come home!

Korey, Ian, and Naiya

1.18.10

3 comments:

  1. most handsome babe ever! Kor, you can do it!! ROLL ROLL ROLL!! He will have it by next month :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Korey man-baby!! I need to join or start one of those playgroups when we get settled in our new place! Staying home all day with Zee is going to make me crazy. I need other mommies to talk to. Can't wait to see you guys again. When is the next trip?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaaa...He is still trying;) Tammy, go to Meetup.com. That's where I found the mommy playgroups out here in AZ. They have groups for just about any interest! I'm making some good friends out here because of it. We hope to come out at the end of Feb...whew! That's far:(

    ReplyDelete